The latest edition provides improved protection, faster installation and a new personalized security report
DUBAI, UAE: The latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium that offers fortified multilayered protection, enhanced IoT protection, product referral and a new security report feature is released today. Users can rely on the best balance of speed, detection and usability acknowledged by multiple testing bodies to protect their constantly-connected devices.
It is predicted that by 2025, there will be over 75 billion connected devices worldwide – from smart home devices to e-health gadgets – this poses a real threat to cybersecurity. As more connected devices are introduced to everyday life, the amount of personal and sensitive data shared increases, as does the number of entry points into networks.
“Hackers will use this rise in the number of internet-connected devices to their advantage and users, therefore, cannot afford to neglect taking security measures. The addition of IoT protection to our home user product suite means our customers can be safe in the knowledge that their devices, and the home routers they connect to, are properly secured,” says Matej Krištofík, Product Manager at ESET.
Similar to previous years, to fight all these threats users can choose from ESET NOD32 Antivirus for basic protection, ESET Internet Security with additional layers of security on top of the basic anti-malware solution, and ESET Smart Security Premium for users seeking the most advanced protection and features on the market. This includes technologies such as password manager and banking protection.
Built on machine learning and three decades of knowledge – all ESET products run unnoticed in the background. The key offering provides users with comfortable and ultra-fast scanning without impacting the operating system or their experience.
“We built our products to provide an advantage over native Windows protection to show users how a multilayered approach to cybersecurity can battle the toughest of threats out there,” said Krištofík.
The latest version offers new features as well as improvements to existing ones including:
- Product recommendation (referral) – a new feature that gives all ESET users an option to recommend our product to family or friends. Trial users are rewarded – one friend referral equals one more month of protection for free.
- Security report – provides users with an overview of what ESET‘s solution has been actively detecting, blocking and mitigating in the background, while users‘ computers run smoothly without any performance lag. Users can choose from five pre-set items based on user-given priorities and gain insight into other features such as Secure Data, Password Manager, Anti-theft or Parental Control.
- Improved installation – users save up to 40% on the installation time based on the set up of the device. The installation of new ESET products will now only take a couple of seconds.
- Connected home monitor – now allows users to test router-connected smart devices for vulnerabilities such as weak passwords and suggests possible fixes. It also allows users to scan for port vulnerabilities, known firmware vulnerabilities, malicious domains, weak or default router password and malware infections.
- GDPR Compliance – all ESET products are GDPR compliant.
For 30 years, ESET® has been developing industry-leading IT security software and services for businesses and consumers worldwide. With solutions ranging from endpoint and mobile security, to encryption and two-factor authentication, ESET’s high-performing, easy-to-use products give consumers and businesses the peace of mind to enjoy the full potential of their technology. ESET unobtrusively protects and monitors 24/7, updating defenses in real-time to keep users safe and businesses running without interruption. Evolving threats require an evolving IT security company. Backed by R&D centers worldwide, ESET becomes the first IT security company to earn 100 Virus Bulletin VB100 awards, identifying every single “in-the-wild” malware without interruption since 2003.