Global technology leader to demonstrate power of the Internet of Things (IoT) to consumers and business owners at Dubai show
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: With the Internet of Things (IoT) market spend in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) forecast to reach $6.6 billion in 2016*, ‘connectivity’ will be a key theme of GITEX 2016, according to Honeywell (NYSE: HON).
The global technology leader will take GITEX visitors on a connected journey from the home to the workplace, by showcasing the latest in internet-connected solutions that demonstrate how homeowners and facility managers can make their surroundings more secure, comfortable, energy efficient and productive.
According to Gartner**, there are 6.4 billion connected devices in use worldwide this year – up 30 percent from a year ago – and 5.5 million new devices are getting connected every day. And by 2020 it forecasts that nearly 21 billion IoT devices will be in use.
With connectivity positioned as a key enabler of the regional smart city and economic growth visions, Honeywell’s solutions show how IoT is enabling smarter cities for those living and working in the Middle East – from connected homes and buildings, to connected warehouses and industries.
“Technology is a key driver of UAE Vision 2021’s strategy to enhance quality of life and promote sustainable economic growth across the nation,” said Norm Gilsdorf, president, Honeywell High Growth Regions, Middle East, Russia and Central Asia. “As a champion of smart technology with more than 60 years of experience supporting industries and governments in the region, Honeywell is helping make the Middle East’s smart city visions a reality, and is facilitating greener, safer and more productive buildings, homes and industries through innovation and new technology development.”
At GITEX 2016, Honeywell will take visitors on a journey that demonstrates the true power of connectivity right from the home through to the commercial space, and will showcase a selection of its solutions, including:
- VisionPRO® 8000 Thermostat For Mosques – This advanced technology was recently piloted at Al Tawba Mosque is Sharjah, UAE, and achieved a 37 percent reduction in energy costs during the six-month program.
- Honeywell Air Touch Air Purifier – for home and office use, it uses a three-stage advanced filtration system to remove more than 99 percent of airborne pollutants
- Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat® – delivers the ultimate in convenience and control, while facilitating energy efficiency in homes.
- Honeywell Lynx Home Security – allows for the control of home security systems such as lights, locks and thermostats from a full-color touchscreen or on a mobile device
- Honeywell Movilizer – this cloud software enables a distributed workforce to create, deploy and manage workflow solutions remotely.
- Vocollect Solutions – this voice recognition technology platform is optimized for challenging industrial environments that offer an integrated total solution design, including a headset to host data system integration.
The theme for GITEX 2016 is ‘Reimagining Realities,’ where cutting edge technologies and experiences will be demonstrated throughout the week. Honeywell will highlight a selection of its industry-leading product portfolio Oct. 16-20, 2016 at Dubai World Trade Center – Concourse 2, stand #CC2-5A in Hall 7.
* IDC 2016
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials.