- Women Economic Forum KSA to welcome business leaders, policy-makers, NGOs, entrepreneurs, artists and youth over two days in Riyadh
- Forum takes place in a time when KSA, one of the world’s largest economies, is witnessing significant social and economic reforms and diversification
Riyadh- KSA: Saudi Arabia’s economic transformation will take center stage at the Women Economic Forum KSA 2018, as business leaders, policy-makers, entrepreneurs, NGOs, artists and youth gather in Riyadh for interactive discussions, inspiring keynotes and high-level networking on March 19th and 20th.
Building on the key pillars of the Saudi vision 2030, the Women Economic Forum KSA 2018 is held under the theme Let’s talk about tomorrow. The Forum which enjoys leading support of Saudi Aramco, is designed to catalyze positive change, facilitate discussions and foster cross-sector partnerships. A collaborative initiative which is crucial, especially at a time where the Kingdom is witnessing a significant diversification in its economy, and reinforcement of investment opportunities.
The Forum agenda includes several sessions centered around the theme of empowering women and youth in the various business sectors. Something that falls in line with its objective of driving a sustainable economy in the Kingdom through the inclusion of women and youth and inspiring them to play leading roles in their country’s economy, something that is seen as the strongest factor in stimulating any national economy and increasing a country’s competitiveness.
Bringing together an unprecedented high-level participation of public figures and business leaders from Saudi and beyond to address five key pillars, namely: Economic Empowerment, Innovation, Saudisation, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and Entrepreneurship, the forum comprises a broad range of inspiring keynotes, interactive panel discussions and talk shows, as well as hands on workshops, aimed at empowering attendees with actionable takeaways.
The program will feature world-renowned achievers and proponents of diversity, such as:
- Joanna Roper, Foreign and Commonwealth’s Office Special Envoy for Gender Equality
- Tessy de Nassau, Director EMEA, VICE Impact
- Ariel Wengroff, Executive Producer of the Emmy nominated VICELAND show WOMAN with Gloria Steinem
Prominent speakers from the Kingdom include:
- Dr. Mody Al Khalaf, Member, Saudi Shura Council
- Nahlah Al Jubeir, Director Center for Career Development (CCD) at Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM)
- Khaled Al Maeena, Former editor-in-chief of Saudi Gazette
- Dr. Basma Al Buhairan, Managing Director for Health Care & Life Sciences, SAGIA
- Halah Al Hamrani, First Saudi female boxer
Amin H. Nasser, President and CEO, Saudi Aramco, lead sponsor of the Women Economic Forum said: “Saudi Aramco can do more to provide employment opportunities to qualified females, which is in line with the Company’s Strategic Intent and the Kingdom’s National Transformation Program”
The Women Economic Forum KSA is held in sponsorship of Saudi Aramco, and supported by official bank sponsor Al Rajhi Bank, telecommunications sponsor STC and exclusive mobility sponsor Abdul Latif Jameel, in addition to DHL, GSK, Roche, Berkeley Research Group, EY, Johnson & Johnson, Zohoor Alreef, Apparel Group, Baker McKenzie, Merite, Medtonic and British Embassy Riyadh.