Appointments set to support the Corporate Turnaround, as well as the transformation of business for growth and ongoing recapitalisation programme
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: Binladin International Holding Group (BIHG), the parent company of Saudi Arabia’s largest construction conglomerate, the Saudi Binladin Group (SBG), announced the expansion of its executive leadership team with the appointment of Balaji Prasad as Group Chief Financial Officer and Roberto Liuzza as Group Chief Organisation Excellence Officer.
Prasad and Liuzza are recent appointments made at a senior level to overhaul the organisation’s governance and operations. Other appointments included Ahmed Al Sanie as Group Managing Director; Abdulrahman Bajunaid as CEO of Real Estate; and Samer Khawashki as CEO of Investments over the past year.
Prasad brings 24 years of experience across the region with a focus on debt restructuring, corporate turnaround, business transformation and complex fund raising, across diverse industries such as Contracting, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Trading and Oil & Gas. Past appointments include CFO of Abu Dhabi listed developer Manazel PJSC as well as leadership positions in blue-chip companies such as TYCO, Reliance Industries, Pentair, Sobha Group, KEF Holdings and Suhail Bahwan Group as well as IndianOil.
Liuzza has 27 years of experience across Europe, the Middle East, and Far East in complex transformation and turnarounds across various industries, with an emphasis on performance improvement, strategic planning and change management. Past appointments include Senior Director of Corporate Strategic Planning at BHC, and senior positions in primary management consulting firms (namely Booz & Company, Booz Allen Hamilton and Accenture), serving blue-chip MNEs, government institutions, industry regulators, and private equity funds.
Established in March 2019, BIHG oversees and manages the affairs of numerous subsidiaries across its portfolio, including SBG – Saudi Arabia’s largest construction company and one of the world’s largest contractors. It is currently undergoing a transformation programme in order to establish a strong financial and operational platform from which it can capitalise on the sizeable market opportunity for major construction projects in Saudi Arabia. BIHG has identified a significant market opportunity, with c.SAR1trn of new contract awards expected by 2025 alone.
About Binladin International Holding Group:
Established in March 2019, the Binladin International Holding Group (BIHG) guides the affairs of numerous subsidiaries across its portfolio, including the Saudi Binladin Group Limited (SBG) – Saudi Arabia’s largest construction company and one of the world’s largest contractors.
BIHG is 36.22% owned by Istidama, an investment arm of the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Finance. The remaining 63.78% is owned by the Binladin Company for Development and Commercial Investment. Rooted in the Binladin family’s 90-year legacy within the construction and contracting industry, BIHG was formed to navigate the family’s robust portfolio through a new era in Saudi Arabia’s history.