Members shopped more and saved more than any other Prime Day, and the best-selling products in the UAE included the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Dual SIM, Ionic Shower Filter Generation X – Limited Edition, Neutrogena Face Moisturizer Water Gel, and the best-selling categories in the UAE included electronics, grocery, beauty, health, home care and cleaning.
More than 250 million items were purchased by Prime members worldwide.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Amazon.ae just wrapped up its 48-hour Prime Day event this year, offering customers in the UAE incredible savings and delivering the biggest two-day period ever for Amazon’s third-party sellers, nearly all of which are small and medium-sized businesses, growing even more than Amazon’s retail business. Prime members in 20 countries shopped more this Prime Day than any previous Prime Day and scored deep discounts across home, fashion, beauty, and electronics. Members purchased more than 250 million items worldwide and saved more than any Prime Day before. In the UAE, Prime members saved more than any previous Prime Day, securing discounts across every category.
Ronaldo Mouchawar, Vice President of Amazon Middle East and North Africa (MENA), said: “We love celebrating our growing family of Prime members and are proud to have delivered yet another successful Prime Day event with such incredible savings during this year’s event. Joining others around the world as they saved big, tens of thousands of members in the UAE received their Prime Day orders in no time with the Free Same-Day delivery option. Shoppers on Amazon.ae had access to discounts across a wide range of local and international brands, including Amazon US and UK deals as well as ‘Shop Local’ deals connecting Prime members to local business owners, during the 48-hours.”
Here are some highlights from Amazon’s Prime Day 2021:
With early promotions and ways to save as well as more than 2 million deals globally, members had an opportunity to save big this Prime Day.
- Prime members in the UAE saved more than any previous Prime Day during Prime Day 2021.
- Customers who were both Prime members in the UAE and Mastercard card holders also enjoyed an additional discount of up to 10% at check-out, with a maximum discount of AED50, on orders above AED100 during Prime Day.
- Customers who were both Prime members in the UAE and ADCB Mastercard card holders enjoyed an additional discount of up to 10% at check-out, with a maximum discount of AED50, on orders above AED100 during Prime Day.
- Customers who were Prime members in the UAE and purchased Amazon.ae Gift Cards of AED 300 or more during Prime Day also received AED 25 promotional credit.
- Members took advantage of incredible savings on Amazon Devices throughout Prime Day, with best-selling Amazon Devices in the UAE including the Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis, Ring Indoor Camera and Ring Stick-Up Camera.
Prime Day Best Sellers
Members scored incredible deals on best-selling items in participating countries worldwide, across a variety of categories including electronics, beauty, fashion, home, kitchen, toys, and more.
Some of the top-selling deals and top-selling categories in the UAE, excluding devices, included:
- Top purchased products by members in the UAE during Prime Day included Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Dual SIM 128GB, Samsung Galaxy M12 Dual SIM, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Dual SIM, Neutrogena Face Moisturizer Water Gel, Boss Femme Eau de Parfum for women, Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal Argan Oil Eyeliner, Ionic Shower Filter Generation X – Limited Edition, Colgate Optic Whitening Toothpaste, and Fairy Lemon Dishwashing Liquid Soap.
- Best-selling categories in the UAE during Prime Day included electronics, grocery, beauty, health, home care and cleaning.
Operations and Delivery
Amazon delivers great experiences for all of its customers through incredible customer service, high quality items at a great value, and the fast and free shipping its customers expect. This wouldn’t be possible without the employees and drivers across Amazon’s operations network. Amazon invests in its people to help reduce injuries and support employees’ overall wellbeing, providing comprehensive benefits, and through state-of-the-art safety training and education. At Amazon, the health and safety of employees is the number one priority—and has been since day one. This Prime Day, Amazon and its delivery partners provided fast and free shipping on millions of items to customers in the UAE and around the world using a variety of delivery methods.
Prime Day Show
On June 17, Amazon Music and Prime Video premiered the Prime Day Show, a three-part immersive musical event presented by Amazon Music that features some of the best in music and entertainment in celebration of Prime Day. Multi-award-winning and groundbreaking artists Billie Eilish, H.E.R., and Kid Cudi each starred in their own special, available globally on Prime Video for all customers for a limited time, with or without a Prime membership.