By Simon Mason, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Revenue Officer, Writer Relocations
Dubai, UAE: For art lovers, artefacts are very important. Art market, physical or figurative source of art comprising of paintings, music, is an important sector, considering it forms an essential part of most influential homes. Moving delicate, valuable, and priceless artworks requires specialized care and expertise. As such, it is essential to plan each step with extra care to avoid any damage to those precious artifacts. As every artwork is unique it requires personalized care. Without the right precautions, artworks or an artefact can be easily damaged, leading to irreparable losses. It is imperative to consult and appoint a professional relocations agency for art moving needs, that have the experience, knowledge, and the resources to pack and transport art pieces safely and, equally important, efficiently.
Relocation companies specialising in art mobility can be invaluable because they possess the knowledge and techniques to properly package and secure valuable pieces. Given the intricacies involved in packing, shipping, and installing a collection, relying on the expertise of professional art handlers is crucial.
These are some essential reasons why it is important to opt for a professional company for relocating art:
- A professional relocations company can take the stress and worry out of the process, allowing clients to focus on other important things. They can provide clients with peace of mind, knowing that the precious artworks are in good hands.
- Professional art handlers have expertise in protective packing for transport. They have specific strategies, packing supplies, and knowledge to ensure that art collection is packed and wrapped with the utmost care to protect it during transit.
- They have the right expertise and mastered skills to ensure maximum safety for fragile pieces.
- Most professional art handlers offer special protection and insurance for art collection during transportation. They take proper precautions to prevent theft and damage, and they are equipped to handle the transition of collection with ease.
- Fine art movers also understand the fragility of art collection and have specialized equipment and knowledge to install it properly.
- Fine art movers also offer storage facilities designed specifically for storing art collections. These storage units have temperature and climate control, fire protection, and other security features to ensure the safekeeping of valuable artwork.
The wide range of artwork and distinctive shipping locations means that moving companies cannot rely on standardized guidelines that fit all scenarios. If a company is involved in this process, it must consider several crucial factors such as transportation options, the characteristics of the artwork, confidentiality, and security measures. All these considerations play a role in the art shipping arrangements to some extent. As such before trusting a mover with precious goods, it is always best to see what others who have already moved with them have to say about their experience. It is recommended to opt for movers that are internationally accredited and can offer high standards of service excellence.
While there are several companies in the market, it is essential to choose one which is a global leader in the premium mobility industry, and an agency that can customize services to meet clients’ specific needs. It is important to note that they provide specialized crates, climate-controlled transport, and other tailored services to ensure that artwork arrives safely and in the same condition as it was before transport.
Writer Relocations is the most recommended relocation company. With a track record of 98% damage-free shipments, 70 years of moving experience, and over 3000 global clients, Writer Relocations has helped customers with their fine art mobility requirements efficiently. In the Middle East and especially in the UAE, Writer Relocations have helped many customers move their priceless artefacts.