** Trade mark contentious (2021)
** Trade mark prosecution (2021)
The Intellectual Property (IP) team at BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates are proud to have been recognised and ranked by IP Stars under two categories, Trade Mark Contentious and Trade Mark Prosecution. IP Stars is the leading resource for companies or individuals looking for experienced legal practitioners for contentious and non-contentious IP advice since 1990.
Munir Suboh, Partner and Head of Intellectual Property at BSA, has been awarded the Patent Star 2021 and Trade Mark Star 2021 based on a combination of both client and peer feedback, as well as a submission provided by BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates. Joining the firm in January 2018, Munir has established a team of newcomers from both international and local backgrounds and has built a very diverse, well-established, responsive, and knowledgeable team. Advising on complex disputes regarding IP rights on behalf of many key clients including MBC Group, Al Arabiya News Channels, World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE) to name just a few, Munir advises high net worth clients across a range of industry sectors such as media, FMCG, industrial, pharmaceuticals and more in setting up regional strategies for the protection of IP rights including trademark and patent prosecution, enforcement, litigation, anti-counterfeiting, commercialisation of IP rights, border measures, customs procedures and regulatory compliance.
The Intellectual Property Practice at BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates LLC has 5 dedicated team members headed up by Munir with Amala Atieh as IP Senior Associate, Felicity Hammond as an IP Associate and Sabrina Berrahoui and Maysa Hasan providing IP support. The team benefits from a culturally and gender diverse team who come from both civil and common law jurisdictions, combining a wealth of cross-jurisdictions.
Some of the key achievements that BSA’s IP Team have accomplished in 2021:
- Regional and global portfolio management for brand protection, anti-piracy and other IP protection tasks for the largest Arabic Broadcaster in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Regional representation in IP and trademark matters for the national and official railway entity in the UAE.
- Representing an internationally renowned clothing manufacturer and brand owner on a complex commercial agency and brand integrity dispute before the governmental authorities.
- Representing the clients of many well-known law firms in the US in relation to brand protection, prosecution and enforcement.
- Regional representation of one of the largest professional services in Tax advisory and formally one of the Big 5 audit firms globally, in relation to their trademark portfolio protection, representation before WIPO in domain name anti-cybersquatting action, enforcement of IP rights and handling a critical enforcement of brand before local courts in relation to trade name disputes.
BSA – Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates LLP was founded in Dubai in 2001. Now headquartered in DIFC and with offices around the Middle East, BSA is now one of the region’s most prominent, full-service law firms with 9 offices across 5 countries. Their diverse team of 150 lawyers are 35 different cultural backgrounds and can speak 22 languages. They are proud to be market leaders in new and evolving sectors, partnering with clients towards a sustainable, progressive future. More than just a law firm, BSA are connective, sparking collaboration, creating synergy and driving change. Established for 20 years, BSA are expanding organically, nourishing their talent and investing in their people. Trusted counsellors, BSA provide flexibility, strength of expertise, dynamic fee structures and a focus on personal relationships. Their clients receive clear advice with strategic recommendations including any potential risks directly contributing to the success of their latest challenge. They apply this ethos to all they do, from working with grassroot start-ups to multinational corporations, from pro bono legal clinics to their employee programmes, BSA truly understand the importance of a holistic approach.