Spotify rolls out the Only You Hub and announces Blend beta
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Listening is everything for the 356 million users on Spotify. With more than 70M tracks and 2.6M podcast titles to pick from, there’s a plethora of audio content to discover – but Spotify knows nobody listens like you and is launching Only You, a global campaign, in-app experience and personalized playlists that celebrates just that.
While you’ll have to wait a few more months for Wrapped and the top lists of what soundtracked your 2021, Only You is all about celebrating how you listen – and provides a Wrapped-esque shareable experience that Spotify knows users will love. Plus fans will receive new, personalized playlists as part of the Only You journey.
The Only You in-app experience helps you discover:
- Your Audio Birth Chart: Brought to life through the artists you listen to. Sun: the top artist you listened to over the last six months, Moon: an artist you listen to that best shows your emotional or vulnerable side, and Rising: an artist you’ve recently connected with.
- Your Dream Dinner Party: The three artists you’d invite to the dinner party of your dreams. Once selected, Spotify will create a personalized Spotify Mix for each artist to set the mood.
- Your Artist Pairs: The unique audio pairings that you’ve listened to recently, showing your range of listening interests. For example, who else would play “Fairuz” right after “Drake?”
- Your Song Year: How you’ve musically traveled through different time periods.
- Your Time of Day: The music and podcast content you listen either early in the morning or late at night.
- Your Genres/Topics: How music and podcast genres set you apart based on your listening habits.
And as part of the Only You campaign, Spotify will be rolling out a new personalized feature called Blend. Currently in beta, Blend is a new way for two friends to merge their musical tastes into one curated playlist made just for them. Updated daily, listeners can simply invite a friend to blend with – as long as they have a Spotify Free or Premium plan – and Blend will grow with each user over time based on how their listening changes. The feature is available globally and you can find the Blend beta experience in the ‘Made for Two’ shelf within the Only You hub.
While Only You celebrates the unique ways in which eligible users listen, Spotify knows that music brings people together and Blend is making it even easier for users to connect, discover and share the music they love with one another.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 70 million tracks, including more than 2.6 million podcast titles, for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features for music including improved sound quality and an on-demand, offline, and ad-free listening experience. Today, Spotify is the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with 356m users, including 158m subscribers, across 178 markets.