Abu Dhabi, UAE: It is proven, that engaged colleagues contribute to a company’s success, as they –
- are committed, passionate and proud
- understand how their roles fit with the company’s business priorities
- have a strong connection and commitment to the company
Therefore The Human Resources team at Centro Capital Centre, as part of the company wide employee satisfaction program Engage to Life have devised an action plan for colleague engagement called ‘Departmental Appreciation Week’.
Every month a Hotels department is selected and efforts of the colleagues are recognized through a week long planned celebration with engaging activities. The General Manager along with HOD’s conduct motivational talks and they chalk out key activities that will not only recognize colleagues but increases inter departmental interaction and improve knowledge sharing.
To name a few of the activities:
- Recently held front office week had the colleagues attend a cooking working shop by Executive Chef Kaesta Mcfee, learning easy recipes under 15 minutes.
- Mixology and bar magic workshop for front office colleagues by our Head Bartender Raymund Inoferio
- Fruit & Ice carving workshop for the Food & Beverage team by engineering colleagues
- Personalized Knives engraved with colleague names were presented to Kitchen & Stewarding team by the General Manager for the efforts along with a host of cooking and dishwashing competitions
In this regard Mr Enad Tannous, General Manager said “At Centro Capital Centre we are in pursuit of distinctive ways to recognize our colleagues for their exemplary contribution to the hotel” He further added “I am a firm believer in the benefits of knowledge & skill sharing as a key component in the overall development of colleagues and collectively of the team”.
“This initiative is a gesture of collective efforts, where our colleagues are appreciated not only by the Hotel Management but by their fellow colleagues as well” Said Joannie Gantes, Human Resources Manager. She further added “The campaign has shown better inter departmental interaction and bonding among the colleague who earnestly look forward to their appreciation week”
The Appreciation Week being a Centro Capital Centre initiative has now been selected as a companywide best practice to increase colleague engagement.
About Centro Capital Centre:
Centro is a modern, stylish and affordable lifestyle business hotel. Developed by one of the most successful and applauded hotel groups in the region, Centro is a contemporary concept that is young and fresh in its approach, original in its presentation, and dynamic in its offerings.
It is designed for a new generation of travelling executives who demand both finesse and functionality at reasonable rates. Created for purpose – from the ground up – Centro signals the launch of a new genre of executive hospitality. With chic looks and slick delivery underlying its service offering, Centro is an inspired philosophy and sets an unparalleled benchmark for the budget conscious business traveller.
Centro Capital Centre is the perfect place for you with its unique location close to the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre in the UAE capital and only 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel offers business travellers, residents and holiday makers alike an experience that can only be offered at Centro Hotels by Rotana.