Visitors will be taken on an immersive journey to explore the importance and benefits of a twin transition that is both digital and green
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: At GITEX Global 2022, Cisco is set to showcase its latest innovations designed to help accelerate customers’ digital transformation agendas, while focusing on the sustainability vision of the region. Under its ‘Bridge to Possible’ theme, Cisco will illustrate its commitment to enabling secure connections, increasing visibility into networks and applications, and accelerating digital agility.
As CIOs, CTOs and IT decisionmakers increasingly prioritize aligning with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles, GITEX visitors will learn how Cisco is delivering energy efficiency and driving the circular economy through its products and solutions.
Commenting on Cisco’s participation at GITEX, Abdelilah Nejjari, Managing Director for Gulf region at Cisco, said: “GITEX represents a key platform for innovation for the entire region, and our participation highlights Cisco’s commitment to spurring innovation and growing the technology ecosystem across the region. This year, Cisco is unveiling ground-breaking digital technologies that power resilient economies and sustainable communities.”
He added: “While historically, digital transformation and sustainability agendas have operated in silos, it is becoming increasingly crucial for them to work in harmony. At Cisco, we truly believe that to thrive in today’s digital-first world, it is essential to operate from a viewpoint that is both digital and green.”
At the heart of Cisco’s booth, visitors will experience an immersive virtual show exploring the greatest challenges of our planet. The experience will also show the immense potential of technology for creating a more sustainable future.
At GITEX Global 2022, Cisco’s technologies will be brought to life through interactive experiences, demonstrating how decisionmakers can:
- Power Hybrid Work – As hybrid work flourishes, at GITEX Cisco will showcase how technology lets people securely connect, collaborate, and innovate from anywhere. Over the past period, Cisco added more than 1,000 new features to its Webex Collaboration platform – intensely improving the Hybrid Work experience. At GITEX, visitors will experience Webex in a first-of-its-kind integration into the metaverse to enable a new, innovative, engaging and even emotional way to share content and products like never before.
- Secure Resilience – With cybersecurity becoming one of the most significant issues facing the region today, Cisco is unveiling Cisco Security Cloud, its new strategic vision of a unified platform for end-to-end security across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Designed to be the industry’s most open platform, protecting the integrity of the entire IT ecosystem, the Security Cloud will provide an integrated experience for securely connecting people and devices everywhere to applications and data anywhere.
- Drive The Experience Economy –Today, services are delivered and consumed through applications. It is how companies build relationships with their customers. IDC predicts more than 500 million new applications by 2023. As digital experiences get simpler for consumers, they get more complex for companies. Organizations require insights into the health of every application and every transaction. Cisco not only connects any user to any application and any cloud, but also offers unique insights and observability from the infrastructure to the application.
- Simplify IT and Unify the Experience – for more than 30 years, Cisco has been powering the internet, keeping the world connected. Over all these years, Cisco engineers have worked to evolve networks for better performance and reliability. The next logical step is for networks to predict problems before they happen, something that has been difficult until now. At Gitex, Cisco is offering a look behind the curtain at how it is defining the future of connectivity with groundbreaking technology: a first-of-its-kind predictive analytics engine that will help IT teams prevent issues and elevate the user experience.
- Create the Internet for the Future – Changing the economics of the Internet is essential to connecting the world’s next billion users. For 5G, IoT, and the Internet to work for everyone, Cisco is transforming infrastructure to connect, secure, and automate the Internet for the Future. At GITEX, Cisco will showcase new innovations to enable network architectures to scale massively.
In addition, visitors will learn about Cisco’s contributions to the region’s innovation agenda via Cisco Country Digital Acceleration (CDA) program initiatives. Working closely with national leadership, industry and academia, the program aims to fast-track digital adoption, stimulate job growth, and strengthen global competitiveness.
At GITEX, Cisco will showcase its latest innovations alongside its channel partners, including Intel being Cisco’s Technology Partner, in addition to Alpha Data, Emircom, Royal Group, Perform IT among many others. Joining the Cisco booth will be ecosystem partners, like Imagicle, Kurmi, Vection Technologies, and Cohesity – helping to build complete end-to-end use case solutions which integrate seamlessly with Cisco technologies.
As part of Cisco’s program of events at GITEX, Guy Diedrich, Senior Vice President & Global Innovation Officer at Cisco, will deliver a keynote speech on the main stage on Monday 10 October, talking about the ‘Moral Obligations of Technologists and Business Leaders’.
Cisco will be also holding 34 TechTalks by its regional and local executives in the Amphitheater on Cisco’s booth discussing topics focused on sustainability, simplifying IT, unifying the experience and the potential of hybrid work in powering an inclusive future of all.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in technology that powers the Internet. Cisco inspires new possibilities by reimagining your applications, securing your data, transforming your infrastructure, and empowering your teams for a global and inclusive future.
Discover more on The Newsroom and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.