Al Ain: The Council of the United Arab Emirates University met today, Chaired by H.E. Zaki Anwar Nusseibeh, Chancellor of the United Arab Emirates University.
The Chancellor introduced the meeting by informing the Council that the Fall Semester for AY 2021/2022 has started and that all necessary protocols are in place to ensure a safe return to campus for students.
In keeping with its fiduciary responsibilities, the Council considered the strategic performance of the university by reference to its KPIs. The KPIs are aligned to the UAE’s national growth strategies. Specific focus was given to the student success KPIs, which include on-time graduation rates and student employment rates. The Council recognises that the university’s reputation and ranking relate to its success in graduating students who have the knowledge and skills that make them ready for work in the modern economy. The Council encouraged the University’s leadership to continue its efforts to advance for the benefit its students and graduates.
The Council approved a Chancellor’s Fellowship scheme, created to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation.
The Council further noted the financial performance of the university in relation to its approved 2021 budget.
Under its powers of appointment, the Council confirmed Professor Mohamed Madi as Dean of the College of Business and Economics. It also confirmed the following as Vice Dean’s of their respective Colleges:
• Professor Rihab Khalifa, College of Business and Economics;
• Professor Juma Alkaabi and Associate Professor Habiba Ali, College of Medicine and Health Sciences;
• Professor Fatiha Gourari, College of Law;
• Associate Professor Najwa Alhosani, College of Education;
• Associate Professor Mohammed Alyafei, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine;
• Associate Professor Ali Al-Ghafli, College of Humanities and Social Sciences;
• Associate Professor Fekhri Kharbash, College of IT;
• Professor Mohamed Humaid Al-Marzouiqi, College of Engineering;
•Associate Professor Asma Almenhali to the College of Science.
The Council also received reports from H.E. Dr. Abulla Alkaram, Chair of the Academic and Student Affairs Committee, and H.E. Dr. Tariq Bin Hendi, Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee. The Chancellor thanked them for the support that their respective committees are providing to the Council.