Dubai, UAE: GESS Dubai, the leading education conference and exhibition in the Middle East region, culminated its 15th edition with a resounding success, welcoming over thousands of visitors, over 300 brands and exhibitors, and 200+ speakers over its three-day run and will be returning next year from 30th October to 1st November 2023 to continue to contribute in shaping the future of education in the region.
Alongside the exhibition and conferences, a glittering gala event celebrated the quality and diversity of educational products, resources, services and people as well as the best educational establishments and the most dedicated members of the teaching profession. The GESS Awards aim to encourage the raising of educational services and product standards throughout the industry and to be recognised throughout the sector as the accolade of excellence.
Winners of the Judges Commendation Award – Supplier – Edpuzzle at the 9th Annual GESS Dubai Awards
The awards are divided into two sections – the first for Teachers, Schools and Education Professionals; and the second for Suppliers and/or Distributors. The category winners from over 800 entries from a total of 51 countries are:
Awards for Teachers, Schools and Education Professionals
- Ambassador for the Environment – Kristina Rowena Estero – The British School of Bahrain (Bahrain)
- Best Initiative for Inclusion and Wellbeing – GEMS Modern Academy (UAE)
- Best Use of Digital Learning in the Classroom – Aidan Godwin – Repton Al Barsha (UAE)
- Best use of STEAM Learning in the Classroom – Dianna Kuhn – Rio Vista Elementary (USA)
- Best use of STEAM Learning in the Classroom – Lisha Joyal – Al Hekma International School (Bahrain)
- Community Award for Citizenship – Abdullah Alhussein – SB Overseas (Lebanon)
- Innovation in Education – The Farmhouse at Arbor – The Arbor School (UAE)
- Outstanding Contribution in Education – Shirin Farzana – The Winchester School Jebel Ali (UAE)
- Judges Commendation Award – Teachers, Schools and Educational Professionals – Kamil Majeed – Nordic International School, Lahore (Pakistan)
- Judges Commendation Award – Teachers, Schools and Educational Professionals – Mr. Ebenezer Kojo Otoo – Winneba Secondary School (Ghana)
- Mark Duncan Award for Educational Influencer of the Year – Kausor Amin-Ali – All Children Read (UAE)
Awards for Suppliers and/or Distributors
- Best CSR Programme for Education – FRG Korea Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
- Best Digital / VR / AI Product – Discovery Education Espresso (UK)
- Best Free App / Software Product – PictoBlox (India)
- Best Paid App / Software Product – ThingLink (Finland)
- Best Product to Promote Arts, Music and Drama in the Classroom – The Knowledge Hub – School Radio (UAE)
- Best Product to Promote Wellbeing in the Classroom – EStars (UAE)
- Best Sustainable / Eco-friendly Product – N M B Water Treatment (UAE)
- Innovation Product Awards – Digital / Coding / Software – ELSA, Corp. (Vietnam)
- Innovation Product Awards – non-ICT / Equipment / Hardware – Action Mats (UK)
- Early Years Resource / Equipment Supplier of the Year – Scholastic Asia Young Storytellers Award / Scholastic Asia (Malaysia)
- Primary Resource / Equipment Supplier of the Year – Twig Science (UK)
- Secondary and Higher Education Resource / Equipment Supplier of the Year – Aristo e-Companion for Interactive Geography (Hong Kong S.A.R., China)
- Secondary and Higher Education Resource / Equipment Supplier of the Year – Bedrock Learning (UK)
- SEN Resource / Equipment Supplier of the Year – mTalent / Learnetic (Poland)
- Start Up Company of the Year – Face The Future (Singapore)
- Judges Commendation Award – Supplier – Welbee (UK)
- Judges Commendation Award – Supplier – Edpuzzle (UK
Exhibitors praised the event as it once again proved to be a valuable platform to generate awareness for their products and services and engage with key decisionmakers in the industry.
“We have signed two contracts at our booth, which is something that never happens at other educational fairs in the past so we were really really happy that we attended GESS Dubai 2022.”, Daniel Rogoz, Co-founder and CEO of Kinderpedia.
“We’ve had an incredible show, taken some fantastic leads, and we are very excited about the opportunities ahead. We will be back, and look forward to seeing everyone at GESS Turkey”, Andrew Ridgway, Founder and CEO of Everybody Counts Ltd.
On the other hand, visitors also expressed how GESS Dubai exceeded all their expectations, sharing how the conference provided them with ideas and insights on how to leverage digital technology in their classrooms and schools, as well as helping them in their journey to improve in their profession.
“GESS Dubai was back and what a week! Loved the relationships we built with new vendors for our schools, and the inspiration that radiated from the speakers!”, Linda Parsons, Innovation Lead of Al Futtaim Education.
“GESS Dubai is not only a great opportunity to learn from the diverse pool of knowledge in the education industry but also one of the best platforms to network with the greatest minds in the education sector. The exhibition showcases state of the art technologies and platforms to implement in school while the talks present perfect guidelines for educators on how to improve teaching methods and revolutionise the school culture. I’m proud to be a part of the diverse GESS community and look forward to positive interactions in the future.”, Kamil Majeed, Principal and COO of Nordic International School, Lahore, Pakistan.
Organized by Tarsus in partnership with the Ministry of Education and held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and the Ruler of Dubai, GESS Dubai aimed to address the growing and evolving demands of the 1.5M students in the GCC region, providing educators with access to products and solutions from global brands and insights from the world’s thought leaders that would allow them to meet the needs of the modern classroom and transform the way students learn. The free to attend conference offered three days of inspirational talks, panel discussions and dynamic, hands-on workshops from global industry leaders and influential local practitioners.