- The workshops will take place on January 20 and 24
- The Young Directors Award competition gives young people the chance to win full school scholarships worth over AED 1 million to Bloom World Academy.
UAE, Dubai: As part of its Young Directors Awards Competition in partnership with Bloom World Academy, Global Village has announced the dates for its free workshops. Based on the theme, “My more wonderful world”, the competition invites children between the ages of 5 and 14 to create a short video that tells the story of what they, or someone they know, would do to make the world a better place.
In celebration of Creators Month, the Young Directors Award competition, will give two young people the chance to win a life-changing scholarship for their entire schooling at Bloom World Academy, the school that dares to do things differently, the scholarships are worth over AED 1 million.
These workshops aim to assist young artists in creating their submission for the awards. There will be three workshops in total, two held at the Kids’ Theatre at Global Village and one hosted online for easy access to all students in the UAE.
Film-making Workshop 5pm, January 20, Kids Theatre: Nahla Al Fahad, Film Director and Producer, will host a film-making workshop at the Kids’ Theatre which will focus on harnessing existing film making skills and Al Fahad will give tips and tricks on how to shoot a memorable video.
Storytelling Workshop 5 pm on January 24, Kids Theatre: Maitha Mohamed, a content creator that specialises in storytelling will share learnings on the art and science of storytelling and how to keep audiences engaged through compelling content.
Online Workshop from January 20, online: Uzair Merchant, filmmaker, writer, and designer, will be hosting a virtual workshop with a pre-recorded guide on filmmaking, which will be available on http://www.globalvillage.com
All workshops are free to attend and will provide Young Directors Awards competition participants with invaluable insight, learnings and tools to bring to their film production and impress the judges.
Entry requirements for the Young Directors Award competition:
- Video entries should be filmed and created by the participant and should not exceed 4 minutes
- Entries can be recorded on a phone, video camera or any other device
- The competition is open to UAE residents only aged between 5 and 14 years old
- Any dialogue should be in English or have English subtitles
- Videos must be submitted before the competition closing date of February 1, 2023.
- Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube as an “unpublished” video
- The YouTube link should then be shared on the Global Village online entry form: globalvillage.ae/young-directors-award
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and wonderfulness
- The creators of the shortlisted entries will be interviewed by Bloom World Academy’s Committee
- Finalists will be invited to the award ceremony at Global Village where the winners will be announced
About Global Village:
Global Village is the first family destination for multicultural entertainment, dining, shopping and attractions in the region and amongst the most visited worldwide. Since its inception, it has embodied different aspects of the world and created a smile on the faces of millions of guests every season. This unique and integrated open-air destination offers guests the largest and most varied range of events, shows and activities in the region. Global Village takes guests on a journey rich in culture, cuisine and awe-inspiring entertainment.
About Bloom World Academy:
A creative, family first school for students aged 3 to 18 years old, Bloom World Academy is a premium IB Candidate school that believes that education should be dynamic, creative and constantly evolving. The Academy dares to do things differently and offers a flexible and customised education to its students. The state-of-the-art campus is located in the heart of Dubai in Al Barsha and is the first own-brand school launched by leading school provider in the UAE, Bloom Education.