Embracing unity, rich heritage and shared values, His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA), and Chairman of Dubai Airports, hoisted the UAE national flag commemorating UAE Flag Day on November 3.
The ceremony took place at Dubai International (DXB) Terminal 3 and was attended by a number of Dubai Airports’ senior leaders and employees, as well as representatives from key strategic partners, including DCAA, Dubai Police, Dubai Customs, dnata and the General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
The Flag Day celebrations come in response to a call made by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, for all ministries, government departments and institutions across the UAE to raise the country’s flag together, to celebrate the country union and achievements.
About Dubai Airports:
- Dubai Airports operates and manages the operation and development of both of Dubai’s airports – DXB and DWC.
- As an integrator, Dubai Airports works to balance the interests of all stakeholders to maintain aviation growth, protect operational resilience and ensure that service providers collaborate to provide a safe and secure service and improve customer experience whilst maintaining a sustainable business.
- DXB surpassed 2019 level of traffic in H1 of 2023 by welcoming 41.6m passengers.
- With annual traffic of 66m passengers in 2022, DXB retained its position as the world’s number one airport for international passenger traffic for the ninth year running.
- High-resolution images of DXB are available here: Media Library
- For recent updates, refer to our official social media platforms on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or hashtags: #DubaiAirports #DXB #DubaiWorldCentral.