New mobile computer boosts productivity for connected workers in retail, logistics and healthcare environments
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced the new ScanPal EDA50 mobile computer, an enterprise mobile device that combines reliability and usability to connect workers in the Middle East to the data they need to be more productive and efficient.
With the familiar design of a smartphone and running the Android® operating system, the ScanPal EDA50 is easy for users to learn and operate while providing the rugged design needed to perform in challenging environments such as delivery trucks
The ScanPal EDA50 is a cost-effective mobile computer that enables Middle Eastern companies to enhance agility and lower costs associated with training, worker productivity and data collection.
The ScanPal EDA50 is designed to be used by workers across the region in sectors such as retail, logistics, and healthcare environments where mobility, customer interaction and data collection are critical.
Additional device features include:
- Large multicolor touch screen. The device’s 5-inch capacitive touch screen is readable in both indoor and outdoor environments, and the screen is receptive to wet fingers or gloved hands.
- Rugged and durable. With its 4000mAH Lithium-ion smart battery that lasts for more than 12 hours, the ScanPal EDA50 can power through an entire shift. The device weighs just 270 grams and can fit comfortably in workers’ pockets.
- Powerful processor. The ScanPal EDA50 features a Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 410 processor with a 1.2GHz quad-core CPU that enables fast access to business-critical applications.
- Accurate and reliable scanning. The device can read both 1D and 2D barcodes, compound codes and postal codes.
- Compatibility. Using Bluetooth® and 3G technology, the ScanPal EDA50 can connect to multiple devices to support additional use cases and applications.
Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions provides solutions that improve enterprise and workflow performance, and our custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls enable greater product design innovation. Customers rely on our solutions to increase worker productivity and to enrich operational intelligence with data-driven insights that enable them to make better business decisions. We serve customers in aerospace, automotive, field service, healthcare, industrial, manufacturing, medical, retail, supply chain, test & measurement, transportation and logistics markets.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials.