Discover a selection of curated brands from Emilia-Romagna, a celebrated region in Italy renowned for some of the most famous labels in the world.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Galeries Lafayette is carefully curating a selection of SS21 collections from eight prominent Italian fashion brands involved in the ‘Italian fashion towards Dubai,’ project dedicated to support small and medium enterprises, promoting their Italian famed craftsmanship in the UAE.
The coveted SS21 ready-to-wear collections and accessories will be showcased for four days at the Pop up located on the 1st floor, Women’s department, Glamour Section. To celebrate the launch, an event will be held in the department store to introduce the creative talents to a mix of fashionable communities and markets residing in the UAE.
Galeries Lafayette will extend its support by selecting four brands to be showcased in the department store for a period of two months. The brands selected are; Joy Meribe, Anthemis Made by Artico, C.ALLA and Orequo.
“We are delighted to be supporting such a fantastic initiative. We believe it is our mission to bring the best of designs and fashion from the world to Dubai. We are happy to be part of this initiative by collaborating with the Italian Embassy in Dubai, and Union Camere Emilia-Romagna to support Italian talents & know how. We look forward to have our customers discover a wonderful new and exciting selection of brands that are exclusively available at Galeries Lafayette,” says Pascal Abchee, General Manager of Galeries Lafayette Dubai.
“The fashion industry has taken a hard hit by the pandemic and responded in interesting ways, adapting to the new environment that we all now live in. More importantly, we are seeing the supply chain focusing its efforts in getting back up together, as testified by the “Italian fashion towards Dubai” project. The UAE has always been very welcoming to our talents and we look forward to bringing more of the genuine Italian fashion here,” said His Excellency Nicola Lener, Ambassador of Italy to the UAE.
“An initiative of this kind is the perfect way to bring Emilia Romagna’s fashion closer to Dubai, the fashion hub of the Middle East. Our supply chain is based on important elements, such as quality, technology, regional specialties and creative talent. The pop up in the Glamour location of Galeries Lafayette is a preview of the planned showcase at Expo 2020, the first global event after the pandemic – a momentum for restarting international trade. Emilia Romagna Region has been looking with interest at this opportunity, as the current tender, offering companies the opportunity to cooperate with other regional and national initiatives and to fully utilize the potential of the Expo”, says Vincenzo Colla, Regional Councilor for Economic Development, Green Economy, Employment and Training.
“‘We would like to thank Galeries Lafayette for hosting ‘Italian Fashion Towards Dubai’. We were due to roll out our activities for the Expo 2020, with an aim to seek potential business partners in the Middle East. Galeries Lafayette have given us the perfect Pop Up platform to showcase our quality of manufactured textiles, clothing, leather garments, shoes, bags, accessories and jewelry,” says Claudio Pasini, Director of Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna
“The UAE is a very important market for fashion and textile industry and a main trade hub for the whole GCC area. We are very grateful to have the opportunity to highlight the Italian lifestyle also through these nine new fashion brands at Galeries Lafayette. As ITA-Trade Promotion Organization of Italy for the UAE during the four days Pop Up, we will facilitate b2b and b2c meetings in order to push win-win trade cooperation and encourage new commercial partnership between Italy and the Gulf’s markets,” says Amedeo Scarpa, Italian Trade Commissioner to the UAE.
“Two years after its inauguration, ‘Italian Fashion towards Dubai’ takes a new step forward, entering the doors of Galerie Lafayette, one of the most important and glamorous fashion hubs in the world and the perfect location for the development of their business” says Giovanni Roncucci, President of Roncucci&Partners. “The collaboration with Pop Up Store offers the opportunity to showcase the creativity and the authentic quality of 8 brands which represent the essence of made in Italy” says Giovanni Roncucci, President Roncucci & Partners
Participating brands are as follows:
- A & A: Founded in 2015, A& A manufacture leather bags and accessories for both men and women. Working along with fashion designers and professionals to create exclusive products, and real Italian style. All steps of the manufacturing process take place in Italy, so customers can be sure they are buying a real “Made in Italy” product. The collections have a sober, elegant and timeless style. Using the finest leathers in the best Italian tanneries.
- Anthemis by ARTICO
Artico was born in 1979, becoming an important reality in handmade production of leather, shearling, cashmere and fur wears. In 2021, Anthemis by Artico, was born, a collection of unique pieces for the younger woman
- C.ALLA: a brand of luxury lingerie and beachwear totally Made in Italy by Italians whose purpose is to dress women. The lingerie is gentle and elegant, for a woman who wants to feel unique. This is why the designer draws and manufactures garments using only fabrics and embroideries that give the pleasure of wearing lingerie.
- La Venenta – Miamo: The social cooperative La Venenta was created by the will of The Association Comunità Santa Maria della Venenta Onlus. With the same roots as the Association and sharing its values, the social cooperative La Venenta Onlus manages residential structures, combining the dedication of resident families and the professionalism of multi-professional teams, in favor of families or single-parent families in charge of Social Services. Miamo is a non-profit label founded in 2015, its goal is to support women, mothers and children, by teaching them skills and abilities in the textile sector. Recycled materials are combined with knitwear to give life to unique hand-made pieces.
- LABAM: For over 70 years Labam are have curated high fashion Made in Italy, accessories including necklaces, earrings, bracelets and hair accessories. The high-quality standard of products enables them to work with some of the most prestigious names in the national and international fashion scene as well as producing exclusive pieces.
- JOY MERIBE: Founded in 2017, Joy Meribe is a brand dedicated to alternative, versatile and original fashion. It is renowned for its stylistic influences that unite in an absolutely appealing way, both Western style with Afro features for a unique and harmonious result. Sumptuous embroidery is lighting with authentic splendor those outfits, enhancing those feminine forms thanks to an incomparable tailoring and an unconditional love for hand craft and handmade works.
- OREQUO: Luxury silk and cashmere products, such as scarves, foulards and stoles, handmade in Italy using the finest materials, for an elegant and refined style. Orequo‘s aim, through its products, is to hand down history and culture and, for Fall/Winter 2020, has created a precious collection of stoles in wool/silk blend dedicated to the greatest work of Dante Alighieri, the Divina Commedia.
- ROSANNA PELLEGRINI: The company MP di Rosanna Pellegrini & C. sas was founded in 1963. Autumn/Winter collections are knitwear made mainly with high-quality yarns, while in the Spring/Summer collection, in addition to “real tricot”, fine fabrics of various types prevail. MP di Rosanna Pellegrini production has always been carried out with handicraft care 100% Made in Italy.
About Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna:
Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna is the Regional Association of the eight Chambers of Commerce of Emilia-Romagna together (Bologna, Ferrara, Modena, Parma, Piacenza, Ravenna, Romagna, Reggio Emilia and Rimini). The aim is the promotion of the region’s economic strength, in cooperation with all local policy-makers. In particular: provides institutional representation of Chambers; coordinates the activities of the Chambers also with regard to the regional internationalization; analyses and monitors the regional economy.
About Italian Trade Agency (ITA):
Italian Trade Agency is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of Italian companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy. With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, it acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world. The Italian Trade Agency collaborates with Italian Regions, Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Trade Associations and other public and private organizations.