Dubai, UAE: Mawaheb from Beautiful People, a non-profit art studio for people of determination 16 and above, is proud to reveal the launch of its group exhibition that will bring together many of its artists who would be collectively presenting their solo exhibitions under one umbrella. The exhibition will take place at The Workshop Dubai from 30 November to 7 December, Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. under the sponsorship of The Qode.
“Following the announcement that Mawaheb had to cease operations, we want the community to regard our artists as highly talented individuals in different ways and determined to share their talent with the world. This Mawaheb group exhibition is a reflection of the talent, intelligence and passion of eight individual artists, and we are grateful to The Workshop Dubai and to The Qode for making this exhibition happen,” said Wemmy de Maaker, Founder and Managing Director of Mawaheb.
“We are delighted to welcome back Mahaweb to The Workshop. We are saddened that this may be their final exhibition, and we want to take this opportunity to support and applaud its accomplishments. Mawaheb will always remain an important institution that gave a platform to many talented artists. We would like to also extend a very special thank-you to The Qode, whose sponsorship made this upcoming exhibition possible,” said Ghada Kunash, founder and managing director of The Workshop Dubai.
Dipesh Depala, Managing Partner at The Qode said: “ We at The Qode have long been supporters of Mawaheb and the wonderful work that they do. We were saddened to hear of Mawaheb’s closure, so it gives us great pleasure to support these talented artists in this exhibition. We wish them all great success!”
Launching on 30 November, the exhibition will host the works of artists like:
- Anjali Kakar: She was one of the first artists to join Mawaheb since its inception in 2010 and has earned the title ‘Tulip Queen of Mawaheb’ for her fascination with the flower.
- Nami Pagrani: She has visited some of the best art collections and galleries in the world and enjoys a deeply rooted interest in artists whom she based a work on, painting all her favourite artists on one canvas and calling it ‘Masterpiece Collection.’
- Anjana Ramakrishnan: She is fascinated by how colours blend together and has showed a keen interest in painting with acrylics in a watercolour style. Anjana is extremely close to her twin sister, whom she has lovingly created on a canvas.
- Leila Murgian: She is constantly sending messages to people expressing her love to them — Roses are red, violets are blue, and I love you. She calls people she loves ‘Sweetie Pie Butterfly’ and has poured all the love she has for the world on a canvas and spread it as only a butterfly would.
- Sharan Anil: His fascination with horses inspired him to write a poem about them, while also working for many hours on a canvas to reflect a horse he had drawn on a piece of paper.
- Verano Field: She enjoys music and dancing as much as she loves to paint. The piece she will be presenting was painted with her hands while she sang and danced.
- Mariam Ismail: She worked tirelessly on her Earth painting because she cares about the environment and wanted to express it through her ‘Mother Earth’ piece.
- Aarti Shah: She is a fashionista who works at a high-end luxury brand company and enjoys all the good things in life, expressing herself through her bold brushstrokes across her canvas.