As the move towards a more sustainable future becomes ever more urgent, there has been a strong focus on finding energy efficient solutions to ensure that durability, sustainability and cost-efficiency can all co-exist. Smart city is no longer just a buzz word, but a benchmark that demands creative and efficient solutions to lighting, energy use, design and construction.
Returning for its 9th edition, the Middle East Smart Lighting and Energy Summit will be held at Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre on the 31st of March and 1st April 2021. The summit will delve into the technologies and strategies being employed across the world to elevate cities from outdated, inefficient models to smart, connected and eco-friendly cities of the future. Covering the Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030, smart city lighting, energy efficient public lighting solutions, IoT and architectural lighting, this event will explore the countless ways that well-designed lighting and energy solutions can help to create seamless, smart cities.
Delegates can expect to hear from such esteemed speakers as:
- Roberto Inclinati, Global Senior Business Development Manager at UL, as he discusses how smart lighting can assist in traffic management in his presentation ‘Smart Lighting Intelligently Managing Traffic – Creating Seamless Cities’
- Suhas Inamdar, Head of Planning and Technical at Al Wasl Properties as he speaks on ‘Li-Fi – the secure way of data transfer through light waves’
- Francesco Lozupone, Business Development Manager at Sylvania Lighting as he discusses ‘Smart Lighting Techniques: Benefits of Implementing Predictive and Monitoring Controls’
- David Andrew Dunn, Lighting Expert, Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities as he asks ‘Solar Street Lighting- is it feasible for the UAE?’
Just some of our other influential presenters include:
- Faisal Rashid, Director – Demand Side Management at Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
- Trevor Leighton, Global Technical Director at LIGMAN
- Pradeep Singh, Acting Director – Business Development & Technical at Etihad ESCO
- Eng. Roaa Ghassan Alkhatib, Assistant Technical Director at Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority
- Majid Ideisan Ibraheem Abuabdoun, Lead – Energy Engineer at Ministry of Infrastructure Development
- Bushra Anwar, Associate – Electrical at Cundall
- Mohan Daniel, Senior Electrical Engineer at Atkins
- Rabab Husain, Associate Director: Head of Electrical & ELV at Ramboll
- Vasos Evripidou, MEP Design Director at Parsons
- Hassan Younes, Technical Director at Griffin Consultants
- Regina Santos, Associate Lighting Designer at Godwin Austen Johnson Architects
- Henrique Pereira, Senior Manager – Energy Services, Energy Efficiency & Renewables Administration at Ras Al Khaimah Municipality
- Mark Davies, MEP Technical Director at Aurecon
- Sheeba Benny, Head of Electrical at Ted Jacob Engineering Group
With hundreds of industry professionals gathering for the two-day event, there’s no better forum to meet valuable connections and access exclusive opportunities within the sector. With presentations delivered by local and international industry professionals, in-depth panel discussions and insightful fireside chats, don’t miss out on the chance to gain first-hand access to the newest developments in smart lighting and grow your network of industry connections.
The Middle East Smart Lighting and Energy Summit is an in-person event, with hygiene and social distancing measures strictly enforced in accordance with DHA guidelines.
Expotrade is a global conference and event organizer with its head office based in Melbourne, Australia. Expotrade has delivered some of the largest, most successful B2B industry conferences and events in the areas of infrastructure, major projects, sustainability, technology & architecture. For over 10 years, our unique blend of knowledge, experience and flexibility has accomplished an array of consistently top-quality events. Today, Expotrade events enjoy such a distinctive edge, they are amongst the best patronised in the calendar.