Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) and Innovate Finance headline the unique FinTech event in Bahrain, this December 2016
Manama, Bahrain: The very first Enterprise Excellerate (E-Squared) will be launched on the 1st day of the 23rd World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) 2016 with the strategic support of the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB). The conference will endeavor to strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bahrain and will feature discussions on the FinTech revolution and the challenges that exist within this space. The event will take place alongside WIBC 2016 on the 5th of December at the ART Rotana Hotel, Amwaj Islands, Kingdom of Bahrain.
E-Squared will focus on three themes: FinTech, Digital Banking and Start Ups. On this regard, the event will gather over 200 delegates from the technology, finance, entrepreneurial, and banking space to spur discussions on how the Middle East can keep up with the global trends and thus create new digital and tech startups in Bahrain whilst attracting investments for the development of the economy. Leading organizations will be joining this exciting forum to engage in the informative sessions and contribute to the growing entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Amongst the organizations joining E-Squared is the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) – a broad-based international financial center for local, regional and international institutions that support member institutions with the regulatory framework, legal jurisdiction and attractive business environment for sustainable business growth. The Executive Director of Capital Markets at ADGM, Mr. Wai Lum Kwok will be joining the conference and will speak to the effect of highlighting the GCC as a greater influential hub for global commerce.
In addition to this, Innovate Finance – an association representing UK’s global FinTech community – will join in as an Associate Partner to the conference. Innovate Finance will contribute to the conference through a riveting speech by their CEO, Lawrence Wintermeyer on the trajectory of the FinTech industry within a global standpoint.
E-Squared will feature discussions on topics relevant to the current market scenario including sessions related to the FinTech Revolution, Digital Banking, the Rise of Robo-advisors, Blockchain and Crypto-currencies and much more. The event will also see the exclusive launch of “The Venture Capital Report” by Thomson Reuters.
The conference further welcomes a large roster of speakers who by and large are connected to the financial technology sector. Some of the confirmed speakers include:
- David Parker, Executive Director – Financial Services, Bahrain Economic Development Board
- Lawrence Wintermeyer, CEO, Innovate Finance
- Stuart Hutton, CIO, Simply Ethical
- Azzeddine Chaibrassou, Founder, Qardz
- Areije Al Shakar, Vice President and Deputy Head, Development Services, Bahrain Development Bank
- Haider Al-Mosawi, Co-Founder, Sirdab Lab
- Erkki Aaltonen, Executive Director, startAD, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Bader Alzahrani, Managing Director, Endeavor Saudi Arabia
- Ola Doudin, CEO, Co-Founder, BitOasis
- Jan Skoyles, Research Executive, GoldCore.com Infosys
- Greg Simon, Co-Founder, Loyyal
- David Martinez de Lecea, Founder, Finerd
- Junaid Wahedna, CEO, Wahed Invest
- Martin Young, CEO, Farringdon Asset Management
- Ashar Nazim, Partner, Head of Global Islamic Banking Centre, EY
- Wissam Khoury, Managing Director, Middle East & Africa, FIS
- Othman Abdullah, Managing Director, Silverlake
- Nasser Saleh, CEO, MadfooatCom
- Mohammad Raafi Hossain, CEO, Finocracy
- Isa Ahmed Al Doseri, Assistant Manager of Investment Division, Bahrain Development Bank
- Michael Mellinghoff, Managing Director, Techfluence
- Omar Rana, Co-Founder & Director, Strategy & Finance, Finalytix
- Dilip Sankarreddy, Founder and CEO, QuietGrowth
- Mr. V. Ramkumar, Senior Partner, Cedar Management Consulting International
- Ali Mohsen, Chief Product Officer, Level Z
- Dr. Amer Alzaidi, Head of Information System Department, Vice-Dean Faculty of Computing and Information Technology, University of Jeddah
Enterprise Excellerate will be a one day event that will take place on the 5th of December 2016 at the ART Rotana Hotel, Amwaj Islands, Kingdom of Bahrain.
ABOUT MIDDLE EAST GLOBAL ADVISORS:
Connecting markets with intelligent insights & strategic execution since 1993.
Middle East Global Advisors (MEGA) is the gateway connectivity and intelligence platform to opportunities in the rapidly developing economic region that stretches all the way from Morocco in the West to Indonesia in the East – The Middle East North Africa Southeast Asia (MENASEA) connection. We pride ourselves for being at the heart of these diverse markets for over 22 years.
ABOUT BAHRAIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD (EDB):
The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) is a dynamic public agency with overall responsibility for attracting investment into the Kingdom and supporting initiatives that enhance the investment climate.
The EDB works with the government and both current and prospective investors to ensure that Bahrain’s investment climate is attractive, to communicate the key strengths, and to identify where opportunities exist for further economic growth through investment.
The EDB focuses on several economic sectors that capitalise on Bahrain’s competitive advantages. These sectors include financial services, manufacturing, ICT, tourism, logistics and transport.
With the rise of FinTech disrupting the traditional banking sector, E Squared has been initiated to integrate the developments of financial technology in the MENA region. Over the past decade, FinTech has become a prominent sector within the global startup scene, with investments tripling over the last few years. As the world’s financial systems continue to become more interconnected, there is a demand for better technology to link these systems. Partnering with the Bahrain Economic Development Board, this event will further establish an entrepreneurial ecosystem, which will give rise to new digital and tech startups in Bahrain.