Dubai, Middle East: Rackspace Technology® (NASDAQ:RXT), the leader in end-to-end multicloud solutions, today announced it has achieved Qualified Security Assessor Company (QSAC) status for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) across EMEA (referred to as Europe and CEMEA by the PCI SSC).
The registration is part of the globally accepted Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), a set of 12 requirements and multiple sub-requirements designed to optimise the security of credit, debit card transactions to protect cardholders against misuse of their payment card information.
Obtaining QSAC status means that Rackspace Technology can now offer a number of services to merchants ensuring their payments and processing of card data is managed securely. Services include but are not limited to:
- Annual Reports on Compliance (RoCs) to customers who stores, processes or transmits more than 6 million Visa and Mastercard payments per annum or more than 300,000 for service providers.
- Scope review and any possible de-scoping options
- Gap analysis
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire assistance and guidance
- Staff awareness workshops
- Documentation review and provision of templates
- Approved Scanner Vendor
- Penetration testing and code reviews
- Multi Factor Authentication solutions
- File Integrity Monitoring solutions
Jeff Bennison, Director of Security Consulting, Professional Services EMEA at Rackspace Technology, said: “Obtaining the Qualified Security Assessor Company status for the Payment Card Industry is a rigorous assessment that we’re very proud to have achieved.
“We can now support customers with any payment security needs as well as provide training and scope identification to enable them to understand the fuller picture of their business’ requirements.
“With Rackspace Technology as a merchant’s or service provider QSAC, customers throughout EMEA will benefit from our agility as moving at pace is paramount in the fight against nefarious attacks and security concerns.”