Chicago: In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this Saudi Arabia data center market report.Saudi Arabia data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7.85% during the period 2020−2026. Saudi Arabia data center market research report includes market size in terms of area, investment, power capacity, and colocation revenues. Get insights on 19 Existing data centers and 8 upcoming facilities spread across 7 cities, including Riyadh, Jeddah, and other cities.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The Saudi Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) is working with local players to develop a network of hyperscale colocation data centers in Saudi Arabia, with a strategy to attract USD 18 billion from investors by 2030.
- Global colocation service providers are expected to enter the Saudi Arabia data center market via strategic partnerships with local enterprises, MoUs with the government and telecom service providers are likely to grow during the forecast period. There is also increased investment in the country by cloud service providers such as Google and Oracle.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is one of the prominent locations in the Middle East for data center development, contributing to around 25% of the overall data center investment, and around 20% of the revenue share.
- Riyadh is the leading data center market in Saudi Arabia, with 9 unique third-party data center facilities accounting for over 35% of the existing power capacity, followed by Jeddah.
- Telecommunication Service providers such as Mobily, Saudi Telecom Company (STC), Salam (Integrated Telecom Company), and other companies such as Gulf Data Hub, NashirNet, and NourNet dominate the colocation market in Saudi Arabia.
- The National Renewable Energy Program (NREP) has been initiated under the Vision 2030 and the King Salman Renewable Energy Initiative, designed to maximize the renewable energy potential in Saudi Arabia.
- Market Size & Forecast by Area, Power Capacity, Investment, and Colocation Revenue | 2020-2026
- Impact of COVID-19 on Data Center Market
- Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party facilities in Saudi Arabia
- Facilities Covered (Existing): 19
- Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 8
- Coverage: 7 Cities
- Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area)
- Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
- Datacenter colocation market in Saudi Arabia
- Market Revenue & Forecast (2020-2026)
- Retail Colocation Pricing
- Wholesale Colocation Pricing
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standard
- Key Market Participants – List of 10 IT infrastructure providers, 14 construction service providers, 14 support infrastructure providers, and 6 data center investors
Saudi Arabia Data Center Market – Segmentation
- As the price of SSDs is declining, the adoption of all-flash and hybrid arrays will grow with cloud data center deployments in Saudi Arabia. HDD vendors also innovated their portfolios with high-capacity and high-performance (10k and 15k RPM) drives to reduce the adoption of flash drives, as they are cheaper than flash storage devices.
- Although basic PDUs have a presence in the market, intelligent PDUs expect to lead the PDU market as the demand to consume low power is growing in the market. Data center deployments will include the installation of 2N redundant PDUs at higher capacity.
- Greenfield construction dominates the market. The market in Saudi Arabia will witness an increase in modular data center construction with the rise in investments in coming years. Huawei Technologies has a strong presence in the market and provides modular data center solutions for enterprise and government agencies.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer, Switches & Switchgears
- Rack PDUs
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Design
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Market Segmentation by Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Market Segmentation by Geography
- Other Cities
Saudi Arabia Data Center Market – Dynamics
The revenue from the public cloud market expects over USD 850 million in 2021, which is likely to reach over USD 2.5 billion by 2026, with the SaaS segment emerging as the leading revenue generator and accounting for over USD 340 million in 2021. Scope Technologies, DesertClouds, Waja Media Solutions, Alfuzail, and BrighteningTech are some of the local cloud service providers in Saudi Arabia.
Global cloud providers such as IBM, SAP, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure have a strong presence in the Saudi Arabia market. For instance, Oracle opened a new cloud data center in Jeddah in 2020 that is available in the Oracle Cloud Console. In December 2020, Google, a cloud service provider, announced a partnership with Aramco to build a cloud region in Saudi Arabia and offer cloud services to customers that are currently under development.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Surge in Big Data and IoT fueling Data Centers Demand
- Increased Adoption of Renewable Energy Sources
- COVID-19 Pandemic boosting the Data Center Market
- Migration From On-premises Infrastructure to Colocation & Managed Services
Saudi Arabia Data Center Market – Existing Vs. Upcoming Data Centers
- Existing Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
- Other Cities
- List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
Key Market Participants:
IT Infrastructure Providers
- Arista Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Huawei Technologies
Construction Constructors & Sub-Contractors
- Ashi & Bushnag
- Al-Latifia Trading and Contracting Company
- DC PRO
- Edarat Group
- ICS Nett
- INT’LTEC Group
- Juffali Airconditioning, Mechanical, and Electrical Company (JAMED)
- SANA Creative Systems
Support Infrastructure Providers
- HITEC-Power Protection
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems
- Schneider Electric
- Vertiv Group
Data Center Investors
- Gulf Data Hub
- Salam (Integrated Telecom Company)
- Etihad Etisalat (Mobily)
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC)
Explore our data center knowledge base profile to know more about the industry.
Read some of the top-selling reports:
- Brazil Data Center Market – Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities 2020-2025
- Europe Data Center Colocation Market – Industry Outlook & Forecast 2021-2026
- Germany Data Center Market – Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities 2021-2026
- Spain Data Center Market – Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities 2021-2026
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
We offer comprehensive market research reports on industries such as consumer goods & retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart tech, healthcare, and life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals and materials, IT and media, logistics and packaging. These reports contain detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers, and trend forecasts.
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.