Dubai, UAE: Veeam® Software, the leader in backup, recovery and data management solutions that deliver Modern Data Protection, today announced its participation at GITEX Technology Week, taking place between 17 – 21 October 2021 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Exhibiting under the theme ‘Modern Data Protection: Simple. Flexible. Reliable. Powerful’, the focus will be on enabling enterprises in the Middle East to accelerate their data protection strategies. Local executives will deliver live demonstrations of the Veeam platform — the most complete data protection solution for all data — whether deployed on-premises, in the cloud or through Backup as a Service (BaaS) or Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
Referring to the company’s presence at this year´s GITEX, Claude Schuck, Regional Director, the Middle East at Veeam said: “Digital transformation is strongly perceived as a development that requires big investments, but in reality, it is rather a process to form a premise for the current and future economic landscape. With data considered as the ‘new currency’ today, it is critical to protect its integrity. As such, a robust modern data protection strategy is one of the main pillars of an overarching digital transformation plan.
“Although organizations in the region, in general, spend a lot on security technologies, there is a huge gap when it comes to setting up an IT security strategy. Challenges include complexity of the IT environment, lots of legacy infrastructure, increasing incidence of ransomware and lack of skills relating to cloud migration. Against this backdrop, we are excited about the opportunity to engage with GITEX trade show attendees and discuss how they can leverage our solutions to advance their data protection strategies,” he continued.
Trade attendees visiting the Veeam stand at GITEX 2021 can expect to learn more about the following innovations among others:
- Backup Modernization: By adopting Veeam’s backup and replication platform, enterprises instantly have access to one of the most modern solutions on the market, which rapidly automates protection, security and compliance reporting. Organizations can return costs and resources that are tied-up in the overheads of legacy data protection back to the business, enabling them to focus on core innovation projects instead.
- Ransomware Protection: The damage ransomware can inflict on businesses is staggering. For companies who feel they have no choice but to pay cybercriminals in order to unlock their files, they put their money and their reputations at risk. Veeam’s robust ransomware protection safeguards businesses from data loss due to ransomware attacks and the associated risks of paying costly ransoms. The company’s software-first approach gives organizations the flexibility to maintain immutable storage, whether on-premises or in the cloud. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive ransomware remediation
- Infrastructure flexibility
- Automated backup verifications and
- Fast, reliable recovery
- Hybrid Cloud Acceleration: Data migration remains the #1 barrier to hybrid cloud adoption. Veeam eases this challenge with seamless data management and mobility across public and private clouds and offers 100% data portability across any system that is always recoverable – with no reliance on proprietary hardware or continual licensing.
- Disaster Recovery (DR): Simplify end-to-end DR and compliance with Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator – purpose-built to meet the business continuity (BC) and DR needs of organizations with complex IT environments where non-stop business operations are expected. The solution eliminates manual, time-consuming and repeatable processes that get in the way of necessary DR planning. It automates DR testing, documentation and plan execution in as little as one-click, from single applications to entire sites.
Veeam will have its own dedicated booth in Hall 7 stand number D 20 at DWTC.
About Veeam Software:
Veeam® is the leader in backup, recovery and data management solutions that deliver Modern Data Protection. The company provides a single platform for Cloud, Virtual, Physical, SaaS and Kubernetes environments. Veeam customers are confident their apps and data are protected and always available with the most simple, flexible, reliable and powerful platform in the industry. Veeam protects over 400,000 customers worldwide, including 82% of the Fortune 500 and 69% of the Global 2,000. Veeam’s global ecosystem includes 35,000+ technology partners, resellers and service providers, and alliance partners and has offices in more than 30 countries.