- Bridgestone has been named AutoBild’s summer tyre ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ for 2021.
- The company’s new high performance tyre, Bridgestone Potenza Sport, receives top ratings, including a win in AutoBild sportscars’ 2021 sports tyre test.
- Bridgestone’s Turanza T005 summer tyre records a triple podium result in 2021 summer tyre tests.
Bridgestone has been named summer tyre ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ for 2021 by renowned German publication AutoBild after its tyres were recognised for their driving dynamics and more balanced performances in this year’s round of summer tyre tests.
Bridgestone’s newly released, flagship high performance tyre, the Bridgestone Potenza Sport, was named winner of AutoBild sportscars’ 2021 sports tyre test.1 The tyre received top ratings on dry roads, including shortest braking distance and a top two placing for dry handling, and was named best of wet roads – deemed to have the shortest braking distance, best handling, best in a wet circle and strong aquaplaning performance. Bridgestone Potenza Sport was also given a top rating for ride comfort by the revered magazine.
Bridgestone Potenza Sport was also declared “very good”, scoring a strong second place, in sport auto’s annual test.2 Bridgestone Potenza Sport scored overall best on dry roads, with shortest braking distance, best handling, excellent lane changing capabilities and direct steering response. The high performance tyre also received top ratings in the wet, collecting the best score for braking distance, excellent handling and a very high wet grip level.
Another of Bridgestone’s premium flagship products, the Bridgestone Turanza T005 summer tyre, has recorded a triple podium result in 2021 summer tyre tests.
ADAC rated the Bridgestone Turanza T005 as “good” – the highest rating historically given to tyres by the publication – to place the tyre on the podium for its summer 2021 test. ADAC rewarded the Bridgestone Turanza T005 for its all-round capabilities: deemed good on both dry and wet roads with short braking distances and high grip level, good for fuel consumption and inside noise level, and in summary a very balanced tyre.3
In auto motor und sport’s summer test, the Bridgestone Turanza T005 was named “very good”, scoring a strong second place.4 Bridgestone’s premium summer tyre scored very good on both dry – recording excellent handling, high cornering stability and good braking distance – and wet roads – scoring a short braking distance, very good handling and top-rated lateral grip. Deemed to have “high safety margins” by auto motor und sport, the Bridgestone Turanza T005 also received the top rating for rolling resistance and was noted as a fuel-saving all-rounder by the publication.
AutoBild Allrad named the summer tyre “exemplary”, with top results on dry roads, including best in both braking and handling, good results on wet roads – best on a wet circle and good in handling – and scoring best in rolling resistance.5
Reacting to the test results was Daniel Giroud, Chief Sales Officer at Bridgestone EMIA: “There’s no doubt that these recent accolades are down to our leading strengths in research and development. We have a commitment to continuously invest in the development of our premium tyre products, which the Bridgestone Potenza Sport and Bridgestone Turanza T005 are fantastic examples of, to deliver high-value products to our customers. We’re particularly proud to see Potenza Sport perform so well – it’s the latest addition to our portfolio, and I’m not afraid to say that we’re not surprised to see it win new fans in this testing period. Summer tyre ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ is a great cherry on top of it all and is truly testament to the hard work and dedication of our brilliant teams.”
- AUTO BILD sportscars Test 2021: summer tyres, Test vehicle Ford Mustang https://www.autobild.de/artikel/sommerreifen-test-2021-265-35-zr-20-19395693.html. Tested on 265/35 ZR 20.
- sport auto, Issue 04/2021, Test 2021: summer tyres, Test vehicles BMW Z4 + Toyota Supra. Tested on 255/35 ZR19 and 275/35 ZR19.
- ADAC Test 2021: summer tyres, Test vehicle VW Golf VII https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/tests/reifen/sommerreifen/205-55-r16/. Tested on 205/55 R 16 91 V.
- auto motor und sport Test 2021: summer tyres, Test vehicles VW Polo and Seat Ibiza https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/reifentests/. Tested on 195/55 R 16 H.
- AUTO BILD allrad Test 2021: summer tyres, Test vehicle Jeep Renegade https://www.autobild.de/artikel/sommerreifen-test-2021-215-60-r-17-19210169.html. Tested on 215/60 R 17.
About Bridgestone in Europe, Russia, Middle East, India and Africa:
Bridgestone in Europe, Russia, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions. In addition to its premium tyre products, BSEMIA offers a growing portfolio of tyre-centric and mobility solutions, and serves its customers in an extensive retail network with thousands of touchpoints.