United Arab Emirates: The Mohammed Bin Rashid Innovation Fund (MBRIF), an initiative launched by the UAE Ministry of Finance to support innovation in the UAE, has revealed that 20 new innovators have been accepted into its Accelerator Program.
The MBRIFs Innovation Accelerator (IA) program provides high potential innovators from across the globe with fundamental non-financial support, to complete the ecosystem needs through the program’s unique member centric design, customized services, unparalleled access to coaches and industry experts to make a tangible positive impact towards the UAE’s economy.
Commenting on the announcement, Fatima Al Naqbi, Chief Innovation Officer at Ministry of Finance and MBRIF representative, said: “By welcoming a new cohort into our IA program, we are building on the UAE’s vision to create a knowledge-based economy and developing the next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs.
“The UAE is filled with an abundance of talent to shape a better future for our nation and as MBRIF we are pleased to be guiding innovators in key sectors of importance, with a pathway for growth and success.”
The new cohort was selected from over 160 applications. 20 companies have been chosen including 15 businesses from the UAE, and the remainder from the US, Egypt, Brazil, India and Luxembourg. This cohort also has the highest number of UAE innovators joining the program since its inception.
The cohort comprises innovators who have made significant developments across multiple sectors identified by the UAE’s National Innovation Strategy including; Education, Health, Renewable and Clean Energy, Technology, Space, Transportation and Water.
The new members include:
- Predictiv – a personalized DNA based digital twin for disease prediction
- Metanoa – a therapy solution for neurodevelopment disorders (NDDs)
- MyUniPath – a platform designed to fill a single form for multiple university applications
- Dahnoon – an Emirati educational character
- AR Engineering – an Immersive educational experience through XR
- Learning Solutions Frontier – a space education to grow scientists and entrepreneurs
- Biosolvit – a natural absorbent for oil spills with up to 95% oil recovery
- Merlin Farms – pesticide-free organic aquaponics farming
- EGV Desalination System – green low-cost water desalination technology
- Maana Electric – eco-friendly and efficient solar panels production using local resources
- Heidron Energy – breakthrough battery technologies
- DGrade – a sustainable manufacturing solution for textiles
- Virtual Satellites – an innovative satellite communication solution
- AS2 Systems – a resilient autonomous vehicle technology
- Melaaha Drones – the region’s first integrated drone training institute for future drone pilots
- Fleetroot – a unified logistics platform for last mile delivery
- Predixa – an AI empowered application for digital transformation
- Lune – personal finance management with plug n play analytics and insights
- Fanera – a social platform for football fans
- Dukkan – an SME focused marketplace with rapid delivery
Over the years, the MBRIF Accelerator program has played a key role in shaping its members success and access to the UAE market by assisting members through the value chain, providing valuable insights from the industry ecosystem to leverage the demand of the local and regional business landscape.