Music is what feelings sound like. It is no secret that listeners associate romantic thoughts and feelings with their favorite love songs. Music and podcasts can connect people in a deep, personal way and you can learn a lot about a person based on what they are listening to. So this Valentine’s Day, Spotify is sharing some trends they’re seeing from their listeners in the UAE. As people overwhelmingly want dating and relationship advice, Spotify saw an increase of 280% of U.A.E listeners streaming love-themed podcasts compared to this time last year.
Spotify rounded up some of the top most popular love-themed tracks in the UAE— see full details below. Be sure to check out Spotify’s revamped Romance hub and our For the Record post for more information.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Top 10 songs about relationships, dating & love in the UAE in the last 90 days:
- *NSYNC – This I Promise You
- Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
- Backstreet Boys – Shape of My Heart
- LeAnn Rimes – How Do I Live
- Céline Dion – Because You Loved Me (Theme from “Up Close and Personal”)
- 98º – I Do (Cherish You)
- Diana Ross, Lionel Richie – Endless Love – From “The Endless Love” Soundtrack
- Extreme – More Than Words
- Brian McKnight – Back At One
- Bryan Adams – Heaven
Top 10 songs added to user-generated Valentine’s Day playlists in the UAE in the last 90 days:
- Olivia Rodrigo – drivers license
- Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved
- Clairo – Sofia
- girl in red – we fell in love in october
- James Arthur – Say You Won’t Let Go
- Conan Gray – Heather
- The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather
- Ricky Montgomery – Mr Loverman
- Ricky Montgomery – Line Without a Hook
- Ed Sheeran – Perfect
Top 10 Valentine’s Day love-themed podcasts globally
We’ve all been on a bad date or have dealt with an awful break-up and need to hear some real life stories that others have gone through in their journey to find love. These podcasts cover it all.
- Why Won’t You Date Me? With Nicole Byer
- Modern Love
- Just Break Up
- Love Island: The Morning After
- Savage Lovecast
- Crimes of Passion
- Bachelor Happy Hour
- Love etc.
- Love Letters
- Girls Gotta Eat
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 70 million tracks, including more than 2.2 million podcast titles, for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features for music including improved sound quality and an on-demand, offline, and ad-free listening experience.
Today, Spotify is the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with 345m users, including 155m subscribers, across 93 markets